In response to Patients comments we have changed the way we manage appointments.
We now have three types of doctor appointments:
- Routine appointments: these are released on a daily basis at 8am, two weeks in advance. These can be booked via the Emis Patient Access portal, Text messaging app, by telephone and in person at the surgery. You will automatically be sent a text reminder for these appointments so please ensure we have your correct mobile number.
- On the day appointments: these are released daily at 8 am and can be booked via the Emis access portal or by telephone.
- Urgent Same day appointments: Our duty doctor holds emergency clinics every day from 8.30 until 11.30 and from 14.00 until 17.00. Appointments in these clinics are available by coming into the surgery where you will be asked to fill in a form detailing your medical problem so that the duty doctor can assess this.These clinics are intended for urgent medical problems and each patients request is assessed by the duty doctor prior to the appointment being given please give us as much information as possible.
- The duty doctor is available for medical emergencies from 08.00 until 18.30 Monday to Friday.
How Can You Help Us
- Please only one person per appointment for example if you and your child need to be seen please make 2 appointments
- If possible please tell reception why you need to be seen, so that they can direct you to the right doctor and give you an appropriate appointment as the doctors have different specialities.
- Please cancel any unwanted appointments.
- Please be on time for your appointments. If you are more than 10 minutes late for the start of your appointment you will usually be asked to re-book.
These are bookable in advance only and are usually for 15 minutes. For some problems, such as Asthma reviews, you may need a double appointment if you are not sure please ask reception.